Nomination: Sunshine Blogger Award: #1
Written By, J. M. Lilin. Nominated By, Ingrid
I am excited and grateful to say that I have been nominated with the Sunshine Blogger Award. This award is nominated upon someone for being creative, inspirational, and talented.
I’ve been writing for so long and only recently decided to start sharing my work, so I am really excited to know that there are readers out there who enjoy reading what I enjoy writing.
A special thanks to Ingrid for nominating me. Please check out her writing for she is a very talented author.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Questions for me:
- When did you start writing?
I have been telling stories all my life and I have been writing since middle school. It all started with a competition against my brother to see who could write the best fiction horror.
2. What are your writing goals?
I have quite a few goals. Every year, I would like to challenge myself to complete the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). I plan to keep my writing on this blog and eventually turn this into what I do for a living. I have not shared any of my novels on the blog yet, for my top goal is to publish a dystopian, fiction series (and I don’t want to spoil anything:)).
3. What do you prefer to read, factual or fictional writing?
Fictional writing. Factual can be fun to but I prefer an adventure.
4. Do you prefer poetry or prose?
I love both but I especially appreciate poetry. I like the idea of pulling the words apart and discovering the secret beneath all that elegant vocabulary.
5. Do you prefer short fiction or novels?
I prefer novels. I like starting off interested and then, as I reach the end, be unable to set the book down and completely care about each and every character.
6. What is your dream holiday destination?
My dream holiday destination is to go see the Northern Lights. The Earth’s natural Christmas lights.
7. How would you spend your last day on earth, if you could choose to do absolutely anything?
I would spend half the day with those I love and the other half thanking God for all my many blessings and talents He gifted me with in life.
8. What is your favorite song?
Almost impossible to answer but at the moment, All I Want, by Kodaline.
9. Do you use social media to promote your writing and if so, which platforms?
I do not use a social media platform, but I plan on looking into it soon.
10. Have you ever written a book, or do you plan to (please provide details)?
I have written quite a few but I have a certain one I would like to publish first before I publish any others. I have gone through four drafts by now and I will continue editing it until I am completely satisfied. It is going to be the first novel I publish. It is a dystopian, fiction about young adults who have special abilities. I’ve always had a bit of a thing for characters with neat abilities. I am excited to share.
11. Large hotel or small guest house: which do you prefer and why?
A small guest house. I would choose because I picture it as something like a cottage, small and by the woods. With little windows that hold books and shelves full of dusty, forgotten books that are just waiting for me to open them.
- Uninspired Writers
- The Broken Specs
- The Light Is On
- Poems for Warriors
- The Unspoken
- Creative Envision
The Questions For Those I Nominate:
- What author do you admire most?
- What is the first chapter book you remember reading?
- When did you first know you wanted to write?
- What was the first poem you ever wrote?
- What are your goals in writing?
- What have you written that you are most proud of?
- Did you ever have an imaginary friend? If so, when did you meet this friend?
- What is your favorite fiction novel?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your favorite color?
- What fictional character reflects you best?